Friday, August 9, 2013

Going Through the Archives



Early this summer during the destash I found these 9 patch and postage stamp blocks that I had pieced at least 3 years ago. I pulled them out along with the other fabric I had set aside for them and finally put them together. I knew I wanted to put them together 'quilt-as-you-go' style, but was undecided as to whether I should put all of the same block facing the same way, or switch it up.

As you can see, I switched it up. I still have 2 back seams to hand stitch and then a binding, but I am glad to see this come together after such a long time! I wonder what other treasures I'll unearth!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Daughters of Anarchy top is done!


So, I watched Sons of Anarchy the whole time I was putting this quit together and the quilt doesn't make me think bikes, guns and being badass, but there is no real pattern. I really just wanted to start using up scraps. The blocks were constructed over the past few weeks and in line with my 'no new fabric without a plan' rule, I did order the fabric used to make the posts and sashing.

I'm not sure where this one will go when it's finish or what I might use for the back, but I really enjoyed putting this top together and I actually edited and reconstructed a few blocks that were just not quite right which I rarely do. I was hoping the photos outside would be better, but when it's all done I'll get the real camera out and take some more.

If you are interested in this one, drop me a line.